Wilson Golf, the brand claiming more Major wins with its irons (61) than any other golf club manufacturer, is introducing a new family of FG Tour clubs which they say offer a wider range of players with greater-feeling irons and the chance to personalise their woods.
The new Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 range of irons, driver, fairway woods and hybrids has been designed with the input of Wilson Staff Tour professionals such as Padraig Harrington and Paul Lawrie, but the innovative adjustability on the metal woods also gives club players the opportunity to customise the clubs to suit their individual game.
A Multi Fit SystemTM enables both loft and weight to be adjusted on all FG Tour M3 metal woods to fit the to the individual players swing characteristics. Each wood has six adjustable hosel settings and three interchangeable sole weights that can be applied to maximise ball speeds, while obtaining the right launch angle and spin rate for enhanced distances.
The system offers the option of using a 3, 7 or 11-gram weight in each wood to maximise club head speed. The 3-gram weight, made from aluminium, is for those golfers who would benefit from ‘SuperLight’ weighting to maximise club head speed with the same effort. The 7-gram weight – made of steel – comes installed in all FG Tour M3 woods and is designed for the majority of golfers using the The Right Light technology, for the perfect balance of feel and increased distance. While the 11-gram weight, made of steel, offers ‘Traditional’ weighting for players preferring a heavier swing weight.
A Multi Fit SystemTM pouch is included with every driver, fairway wood and hybrid. Each pouch contains an adjustability wrench, three weights and an instructional booklet.
“Through personalised custom-fit options, the FG Tour M3 range provides a wider spectrum of golfers with Tour-standard clubs that can take their game onto the next level by optimising their trajectory and maximising their ball speed,” said Global Director of R&D Michael Vrska.
“As more Tour player switch to lighter equipment, Wilson Staff R&D has shown that virtually all players, including low handicappers and Tour staff, will increase both distance and control by using ‘The Right Light’ Technology. Applied in the FG Tour M3 range, this technology optimises head, shaft and grip weight to improve performance,” he added.
FG Tour M3 Driver
Wilson Staff’s first adjustable driver features six separate loft settings and three performance-enhancing sole weight options:
- The loft and sole weight options help create optimised trajectory and increased club head speeds;
- A variable thickness face maximizes CT across the face and increases ball speeds;
- The lighter chemically-etched crown helps create a more pleasing sound and ideal mass re-distribution;
- The deep face, smaller footprint and Tour-preferred pear shape make the 460cc head appear more compact at address;
- “Iced” matte painted crown and black PVD finish provides an understated yet performance-inspiring look.
The driver head comes set at an initial loft of 9.5°, but based on the player’s preferred ball flight, lofts can be adjusted from 8.5° to 11.5° in half degree increments.
FG Tour M3 Fairway Woods
Also featuring six loft settings and three performance-enhancing sole weight options, the FG Tour M3 fairway wood is ideal for ‘Feel’ players off the tee and from the fairway or rough:
- The loft and sole weight options make these fairway woods customisable for ideal trajectory and increased club head speeds;
- Variable thickness face and crown elements allow mass to be moved to optimize centre of gravity and increase ball speeds;
- The three head options come standard at initial lofts of 13.5°, 15.0° and 17.0°. Based on the player’s preferred ball flight, lofts can be adjusted from 12.5° to 19.0° in half degree increments, depending on the respective head.
FG Tour M3 Hybrids
Wilson Staff created the FG Tour M3 hybrids to perfectly compliment the FG Tour M3 irons and serve as a long iron replacement option:
- The Multi Fit SystemTM in the hybrids offers three loft settings and the same three lofts at 2° upright lie angles, along with sole weight options, for optimized trajectory and increased club head speeds;
- Loft changes allow ‘Feel’ players to optimize distance and trajectory;
- Lie changes allow ‘Feel’ players to improve control and turf interaction.
The four head options come standard at initial lofts of 17.0°, 19.0°, 21.0° and 23.0°.
FG Tour M3 Irons
Forged forgiveness headlines the classy FG Tour M3 irons. Constructed with extensive input from Wilson Staff Tour professionals, the FG Tour M3 iron has the look, feel and workability of a forged players’ iron, while delivering high levels of forgiveness:
- Forged from 8620 carbon steel with a matte black PVD finish;
- Progressive cavity design with optimized weight placement within each head whereby mass is placed only where it will benefit the golfer;
- Near the topline: thin on all irons for a lower centre of gravity and
- Near the impact area: thinner in the long irons for increased ball speeds and distance, transitioning to thicker in the short irons for precision and workability;
- In the heel and toe area: as much mass as possible moved to the heel and toe in the long irons for an increased MOI and more forgiveness, transitioning to a more uniform thickness in the short irons for consistency.
Recommended Retail Prices
- Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 irons (4-PW) – £599 (steel); £699 (graphite)
- Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 driver – £249
- Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 fairway woods – £179
- Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 hybrids – £149
For more information on the Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 range, go to www.wilsonstaff.com