When Titleist engineers set out to design the next generation of Titleist Speed Project fairway metals, their goals were clear – improve upon the four Fs: Flight, Feel, Form and Forgiveness. The result is an all-new lineup of Titleist TSR metalwoods, featuring three distinct models packed with technology and advanced refinements that can benefit every player.
STEPHANIE LUTTRELL, DIRECTOR, METALWOOD DEVELOPMENT, TITLEIST SAID:
The new TSR fairway metals exemplify the newest advancements in metalwood technology and offer options for all golfers looking to gain an advantage off the tee and off the deck. Combined with its tour-inspired shaping and powerful sound and feel, the optimised performance of TSR fairways sets a new standard for the Titleist Speed Project.”
Available in Titleist authorised retailers from September 23rd, with global fittings beginning today, the Titleist TSR2, TSR2+ and TSR3 fairways are engineered to give every player an advantage with their metalwood setup.
Open Hosel Construction:
One of the key new features of TSR2, TSR2+ and TSR3 fairways is the Open Hosel Construction. Titleist engineers were able to remove excess weight found high and towards the heel of the clubhead, which allowed them to reposition weight and make improvements to essential areas of performance. In the TSR3 fairways, engineers utilised the Open Hosel Construction to shift the CG deeper and lower whilst simultaneously moving it closer to the centre of the face. This change creates even more forgiveness, and higher launch.
Low, Face-Centred CG:
Dramatic shifts in CG are constant throughout all three fairway offerings. The TSR2 features Titleist’s lowest ever CG for an all-steel construction, whilst the TSR2+ boasts the deepest CG of any Titleist fairway metal. TSR3 has an even deeper and lower CG than its predecessor. The CG location is engineered for the specific needs of each fairway model, but all result in maximum levels of forgiveness, high launch, and speed.
The full TSR line reflects a single-minded focus on the golfer, including the look, feel and sound of each, which are a result of direct feedback from tour players and other discerning golfers.
FEATURED AND PREMIUM SHAFTS:
With a fit for every player, TSR’s featured and premium shaft options represent a wide range of performance profiles. Players can choose from four high performance featured shafts or upgrade to one of three premium Graphite Design shafts. In addition, Titleist also offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices. The Titleist SureFit hosel for the TSR is compatible with all TSi, TS, 917, 915 and 913 fairway metals.
• HZRDUS RED CB: A mid-to-high launch/mid-spin lightweight shaft with an active tip section featuring counter-balance technology
• TENSEI AV BLUE with Xlink Tech: A mid-launch/mid-spin shaft featuring Xlink Resin for increased bond strength, enhanced feel and durability
• HZRDUS BLACK 4G: For players seeking spin reduction, this low/mid launch with low/mid spin shaft features a stiff butt and firm tip section to launch the ball lower
• TENSEI 1K BLACK: A low-launch/low-spin shaft, built with 1K Carbon Fiber Weave technology to enhance feel and stability
TSR premium offerings include three shafts manufactured by Graphite Design and utilise exclusive TORAYCA carbon fibers to produce elite performance dynamics.
• TOUR AD UB: For the player with mid-to-high swing speed looking for mid-launch with low/mid spin
• TOUR AD DI: For the player with mid-to-high swing speed looking for mid/high launch with low/mid spin
• TOUR AD IZ: For the player with mid-to-high swing speed looking to have high launch with low spin
High, far, and forgiving, the TSR2 fairway features maximum forgiveness and the lowest CG of the TSR fairway metal line, resulting in fast speeds and a high
• TSR2 fairways feature the lowest CG ever for an all-steel construction to create speed and launch without excessive spin
• New Open Hosel Construction created space for sizable improvements to key areas of performance by removing unwanted weight high and towards the heel
• Engineered to sound and feel powerful, giving players a lively response on every strike
• Adjustable swing weight, fixed CG location
• High launch, mid-spin
• Available lofts: RH: 15.0, 16.5, 18.0, 21.0 | LH:
15.0, 16.5, 18.0
Inspired by the wants and needs of some of the world’s top tour professionals, the TSR2+ fairway is a new addition to the Titleist fairway family, designed to be a long, forgiving, and tee-biased 3-wood that does not sacrifice playability off the deck.
• Built for the tee, TSR2+ has a larger profile, taller face and more forgiveness than TSR2, perfect for those seeking more length and accuracy from their 3-wood
• Featuring the deepest CG location of any Titleist fairway metal, TSR2+ is engineered for maximum forgiveness and a straight, pure ball flight
• TSR2+ was asked for by tour pros but is built to benefit all golfers looking for a long and straight option off the tee that is still extremely playable off the deck
• Adjustable swing weight, fixed CG location
• Mid/high launch, mid-spin
• Available lofts: RH: 13.0 | LH: 13.0
For players seeking precision tuned performance, featuring a lower, deeper CG and a new and improved five position SureFit Adjustable CG Track System.
• The ultimate fairway metal when it comes to adjustability is designed with a new, easy-to-adjust five-position SureFit Adjustable CG Track System to fine tune performance
• Featuring the same Open Hosel Construction as TSR2 fairways, the TSR3’s CG has been positioned deeper, slightly lower, and closer to face centre to provide easy, high launch with plenty of forgiveness
• Everything from the look, sound, and feel of TSR3 encourages players to hit it square and long with total precision
• Adjustable swing weight and CG location
• Mid/high launch, low-spin
• Available lofts: RH: 13.5, 15.0, 16.5, 18.0 | LH:
• Will Zalatoris, Cameron Young, Joohyung “Tom” Kim and Max Homa are among more than 60 players who have already put new TSR fairways in play on the PGA TOUR.
• Zalatoris earned his first career PGA Tour win at the FedEx St. Jude Championship gaming a TSR2+ fairway, as well as his TSR3 driver.
• “This is an absolute rocket,” Zalatoris said. “I love this thing. It’s the best 3-wood I’ve ever had. It’s pretty cool to be able to have something besides driver that I can hit off the tee and basically hit it as far as I want. And then if I need to hit it high and soft into greens, I can do that as well.”
• Kim also claimed his first PGA Tour title a week before Zalatoris at the Wyndham Championship, after making the switch to a TSR3 driver and fairway.
• Speaking on his new fairway metal, Kim said: “In the wind, downwind, when you want to hit it up, it goes up. In the wind when you want to keep it low, it goes low. So, it’s really the perfect club for a 3-wood. The 3-wood’s the hardest club to fit and they did it perfectly.”
• The Barbasol Championship winner also had a TSR3 fairway in the bag in capturing his first win on the PGA Tour.
• The No. 1 and No. 4 players in the Women’s Rolex World Rankings have each put TSR fairways in play – the world’s top-ranked player has two TSR2 fairways in the bag, in addition to their TSR driver.
AVAILABILITY AND PRICING:
Titleist TSR fairway metals are available in Titleist authorised retailors worldwide from the 23rd September. SRP: £289 | £459 (Premium)