Toptracer Range Mobile is Topgolf Entertainment Group’s latest technological innovation. The new platform utilises the most used, most accurate and most trusted ball-tracing system in the world, providing golfers with a high-tech, user-friendly experience.
Engineered specifically for uncovered driving ranges with grass turf or mats, Toptracer Range Mobile is an entirely data-driven range system that uses sensors mounted around a facility. The mobile solution then optimises practice sessions by sending shot traces and detailed analytics directly to guests’ mobile devices.
Located at the heart of a picturesque 400-acre estate, Essendon Country Club boasts two unique championship 18-hole golf courses, a nine-hole academy course, extensive short game area and state-of-the-art swing studio.
Upon installation, Toptracer Range Mobile will elevate the club’s driving range to be a premier practice facility in the region, enhanced by the same technology as used extensively by the PGA and European Tours.
Moreover, the range will be revamped to include direct parking access for up to 20 cars, with further plans in place to create a more social experience for all users.
With Toptracer Range Mobile, members, guests and visitors at Essendon will receive instant data such as ball speed, launch angle, carry, shot shape and more after each shot. Data can then be reviewed and saved for future reference while providing a detailed insight into how to make improvements.
Guests can compete against one-another in friendly competitions with a range of skill-based games or record their swing – complete with shot trace and statistics on screen – to post on social media or show to a coach for pointers. The mobile app also records a user’s shot history, allowing them to track progress and measure improvement.
The completion of this first installation represents a significant landmark in the Toptracer Range revolution, as the mobile platform begins to gather momentum in the UK and across Europe, following a succession of installs in the US. Speaking about the first mobile installation, Toptracer’s President, Ben Sharpe, said: “We are extremely excited about the first UK mobile installation. This really opens the door for facilities with outdoor practice grounds to join the revolution and bring modern range technology to their guests.
“Essendon Country Club is a fantastic location to house our first mobile driving range in the UK and we can’t wait to see the club’s members enhance their development and enjoyment using our tracing technology.” GR
What is Toptracer
- Toptracer Range Mobile is the ultimate outdoor range solution, optimising practice sessions by sending shot traces and detailed data directly to guests’ phones. The new mobile solution is built specifically for uncovered tee lines with grass, turf or mats.
- Mounted sensors communicate with users’ mobile devices offering a modern and responsive practice experience.
- After each shot, guests receive instant stats including ball speed, launch angle, carry, curve and more.
- The Toptracer Range app stores data from each session so that players can track their progress and measure improvement.
- There are various game modes where guests can compete individually or against friends in a selection of skill-based challenges.
- My Practice allows golfers to enjoy a standard driving range setup, while storing shot data to learn more about the characteristics of each club in their bag.
- In Precision Mode, scoring is based on the distance a player hits the ball from the pin, with bonuses for shots that land close to the centre of the target.
- Precision Series is a six-shot game that combines all targets in Precision Mode to challenge golfers over a range of distances.
- In Capture The Flag mode, players have 15 shots to try to land the ball inside the selected target area and score as many points as possible.
- In the Long Drive game, players must hit three drives, with the longest counting as their score and determining their position on their range’s local leaderboard.
- Players can record their swing and stats in TV Mode and share instant video feedback with their coach, friends or social media channels.
- All game modes have been developed according to insights from golfers to give them a 100% positive impact to their experience.
- Facilities equipped with Toptracer Range technology have doubled their per-bay revenues and increased overall revenues by up to 100%.