Lynx Golf has extended its Boom Boom irons range for 2015 to offer six different models spanning all abilities of the game. Every iron in the Boom Boom family benefits from Lynx’s Twin Slot Technology and variable face thickness to deliver distance and speed off the clubface.
But key changes to the individual club head designs means the technology is available in a complete range of irons that is purpose-built for players in all categories – giving every golfer access to the same technology, whatever their standard.
• The Boom Boom Tour (£629, three to PW) have a thin top line, narrower sole, stronger loft and lie, chrome finish, progressive ¼ inch to ½ inch longer Dynamic Gold steel shafts and Lamkin grips. A muscle-backed iron designed with the better player in mind.
• Boom Boom Maraging (£649 steel, £699 graphite, four to PW) with light and thin nickel-rich maraging steel used in the face. This allows the face to flex to produce a high CoR in an iron. Weight distribution elsewhere in the head gives improved launch angles and reduced spin rates. Fitted with a Nippon 950GH steel shaft as standard, this is a better player’s iron, although mid handicappers would also appreciate the distance and feel on offer.
• Boom Boom Ltd Edition Rose Gold (£549 to £599, four to PW) and Standard Black (£499 to £549, four to PW) featuring Lynx’s Twin Slot Technology and available for 2015 in a special Ltd Edition Rose Gold finish and the original black PVD finish. A new left-hand set is on offer for the first time. For game improvers, both models deliver a combination of distance and forgiveness.
• Boom Boom Offset (five to SW £499-£549) irons have the widest sole available in the range, lowering the centre of gravity and assisting the golfer to get the ball airborne. The greatest offset in the range helps to square the face at impact, leading to straighter shots. Lynx’s most forgiving Boom Boom irons to date with steel and graphite shaft options.
• Boom Boom Ladies Rose Gold (£514 six to SW; a separate 5 iron is available) designed specifically for lady players with easy-to-hit graphite shafts.
Unveiling the new Lynx Boom Boom iron family, Lynx CEO Steve Elford said, “We knew from our first Boom Boom irons that the Twin Slot Technology delivered outstanding distance. Once that had been firmly established, we wanted to be able to bring that game-changer to all golfers – so we crafted an entire Boom Boom iron family. The Lynx Boom Boom brand is a strong proposition. By creating a full family of irons, any golfer can match their game to any of the irons on offer and embrace the technology. No-one is excluded. There is a Boom Boom iron for everyone.” More at: www.lynxgolf.co.uk