Scottie Scheffler held strong through tough Sunday conditions at TPC Sawgrass to capture his sixth career win in the last 392 days at THE PLAYERS Championship. Scheffler is just the third player in the last 40 years to record first and sixth career PGA TOUR wins within 400 days of each other.
Scheffler returned to the World No. 1 ranking by converting the 54-hole lead for the third time in his career via a Sunday 69 highlighted by leading the field in driving distance with his Stealth 2 Plus 8.0° driver in the final round with an average of 308-yards.
For the tournament (68-69-65-69), Scheffler led in driving distance (305.9-yards), Greens in Regulation (75 percent), Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (17.7), Strokes Gained: Total (16.9) and was 2nd in Strokes Gained: Off the Tee (5.5).
Scheffler made five birdies in a row in the final round starting on the 8th hole led by strength off the tee with tee shots of:
- 322-yards on 9 – Stealth 2 Plus driver
- 291-yards on 10 – Stealth 2 3-wood
- 310-yards on 11 – Stealth 2 Plus Driver
- 304-yards on 12 – Stealth 2 3-wood
SCOTTIE SCHEFFLER WITB
- Stealth 2 Plus 8.0° driver (Ventus Black 7X)
- Stealth 2 15.0° 3-wood (Ventus Black 8X)
- P·7TW 5-PW (Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100)