ECCO GOLF ambassadors, Henrik Stenson and Erik van Rooyen, have each designed custom versions of the ECCO BIOM H4 shoe for the SS22 collection – with the PGA Tour stars coming up with striking and unique designs that reflect their style and personalities on and off the course.
Paying homage to his nickname – and following on from the popularity of his S-THREE ‘Iceman’ design – Stenson has helped with the design of another ultra-cool ‘Iceman’ inspired shoe in an ice-cold blue and white colourway, with the ECCO logo emblazoned on the sole. Stenson’s special edition shoe also features his now trademark tag reading “Henrik Stenson The Iceman”.
“I’m very excited to once again join forces with ECCO GOLF to create another ‘Iceman’ style,” commented Stenson. “ECCO GOLF is synonymous with crafting fantastic shoes, and it’s super cool that they continue to give me the chance to help create my own styles.
“I have stuck with the icy-cool colours for my BIOM H4, and I really wanted to make it look like you’re walking with ice on the sole of your shoe, hence the bright white and blue colours. I can’t wait to get my hands on a pair and turn some heads out on the golf course.”
van Rooyen, who has now established himself as a style icon out on tour, has designed a snazzy, eye-catching colourway. Erik has become known for pushing the boundaries of golfing attire, often sporting clothes that have never before been seen at a PGA Tour event.
He has continued to make his mark with his custom BIOM H4 shoes, creating a striking colourway with a black insole, white leather outer and a brilliant, patterned finish on the midsole. Hidden on the sole of the shoe is a blue and orange colour scheme that is bound to catch the eye. The design also pays homage to van Rooyen’s love of guitar, with a nod to guitar strings on the uppers of the shoe.
Commenting on his custom project, van Rooyen said: “I am chuffed to be working alongside the guys at ECCO GOLF to create an awesome custom shoe design. I really enjoy being different and innovative on the golf course, and I think my design really emulates that feeling for me. It’s awesome to be able to create my own shoe and BIOM H4 is such a great shoe to do it with.”
BIOM® H4 demonstrates ECCO GOLF’s dedication to innovation through a pioneering set of features and benefits, including:
- ECCO FLUIDFORM™ Direct Comfort Technology; a ‘state change’ process that uses specialised fluid materials to form around an anatomical last, ensuring a finely-tuned balance of cushioning and rebound, while also creating a flexible and durable bond without the compromises common with stitched or glued assemblies
- Natural motion, stability, and control with BIOM® 2.0 technology that offers low-to-the-ground stability, anatomical support, and a glove-like fit
- The innovative new ECCO MTN GRIP outsole has three different sections for stability and traction, ground penetration, and rotational support throughout the swing
- The T.PU element wraps around the foot from the outsole to the midsole, providing stability while elevating the modern, premium design
Additional detailing includes:
- Reduced seam construction for lightweight flexibility
- X-TENSA INVISIBLE Technology links the sole unit’s T.PU blocks to the lacing system via internal enforcement for 360° stability and a freedom-fit.
- A removable, washable Ortholite foam inlay sole provides long-term cushioning and superior breathability, plus the option of extra width when removed