Who are the people and organisations who make golf go with a swing? England Golf is searching for the heroes of the game to celebrate at its new-look Awards evening. The England Golf Awards will take place at Lord’s Cricket Ground on Thursday 16 March, 2017 and will be a must-attend event on the sporting calendar.
Influential guests from the sport and golf community will join England Golf to recognise all that’s great about English golf, including achievements in the professional and amateur game and in grass roots development.
Tickets are now on sale for the black-tie event and nominations are invited for eight award categories:
- Young Ambassador of the Year in association with the Golf Foundation – open to some-one under 25 who has inspired others to take up golf.
- Volunteer of the Year – for a dedicated volunteer who has inspired other people to take up and enjoy golf.
- Lifetime Service Award – recognising someone who has made a remarkable, volunteer contribution to golf.
- Club Coach of the Year – the winner will be a dedicated coach who has supported the development of players at any level of the game.
- Most Welcoming Golf Club sponsored by american golf – for the club which goes out of its way to attract, welcome and integrate new members.
- Strongest Community Engagement – the winner will be the club with ‘community engagement’ at its heart.
- GolfMark Club of the Year sponsored by TaylorMade-adidas – for the ‘best of the best’ GolfMark Award clubs.
- County of the Year – for the most forward-looking county which does the best for its clubs and players.
The closing date for nominations is Sunday, 8 January, 2017. Other awards will also be made on the night including the Player of the Year, the Team of the Year and the Performance Coach of the Year.The England Golf Awards will take place in the Nursery Pavilions at Lord’s Cricket Ground and tickets cost £75 per person or £675 for a table for 10. Tickets include a drinks reception and a three-course dinner with wine. Click here to buy.